Nowadays no one can manage own email manually, because it is a gathering of many emails that we cannot even distribute in folder. But if we apply message filters, then no need to pay much attention to handling the message. Especially, all email clients provide this facility, only we do not have complete information about it. In this page, we will tell you about an open source email client message filters – Thunderbird and Know set up mail rules in Mozilla Thunderbird.
A huge fan of Thunderbird email client knows that it is the most useful email client after Outlook & Office 365 and its number is in millions.
Thunderbird Message Filter is easy to use and apply. This is Thunderbird’s embedded function, which keeps your inbox safe from overflow and discrimination. In which you can arrange many types of filter for different folders.
These filter automatically works on newly received emails and store in a define folder using contain key-word. Below guidelines show you “How to set up mail rules in Mozilla Thunderbird”.
3. A pop-up window open, Click on New button.
4. New pop-up window open, given a suitable name of your filter.
5. Tick in the all check boxes if required otherwise mark getting new mails.
6. Enable “Match any of the following”.
7. Use the drop down menus to select key in the email body and then write a contain word which given in messages such as sender mail id or signature. You can also add more subjects for the same filter using + button.
8. In “Perform these action” window >> Choose your destination folder (new folder)
Now your set up mail rules in Mozilla Thunderbird is ready to use. When you receive any message related to this filter option then it will automatically move to the destination folder. I hope you fully understand “how to use the Thunderbird message filter”.
Read more about: How to Remove Duplicate emails from Thunderbird ?