Here in this article, I am going to discuss the best techniques to import PST file into Outlook 365. Outlook is one of the well-known desktop-based email clients that is widely used all over the world with the Exchange Server to provide a protective layer making the entire organization secure. Outlook 365 is a cloud platform that consists of various applications like MS Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Excel, Yammer, etc. on a single platform. In addition, O365 is more advanced and highly secure than Microsoft Outlook. Now, let’s see the steps required to migrate PST to Outlook 365 mailboxes manually.
Methods to Import PST File into Outlook 365
You can choose a suitable method to import your Outlook PST file emails, contacts, tasks, notes, tasks and calendar items, etc. to Outlook 365 cloud environment.
Method 1: Via PST to Outlook 365 Migration Tool
Due to security purposes, most user’s first choice is to use any third-party application, which helps to upload PST to Outlook 365 in less time. MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is a secure professional way to import PST files into Outlook 365 mailbox. The software has the ability to easily fix PST file bugs and then complete Outlook 365 migration process. Here users can also use the Impersonation and Bulk Export option to directly import PST to Exchange 365 different accounts at a single time.
Get Download PST to Outlook 365 Migration tool to import PST to Outlook 365 cloud platform
- 100% Safe & Secure in PST File Conversion
- Unlimited Migration Without any restrictions
- Import PST to Outlook 365 in Few Easy Clicks
Latest & Smart Features of This PST File migration Tool:-
1: Can be easily imported PST to Exchange online platform by all Tech & Non-Tech Users.
2: Helps to access overall Outlook PST file databases in the preview panel before conversion.
3: No required of MS Outlook and PowerShell commands to import PST to Outlook 365.
4: Allows to import PST to Shared Mailbox Office 365
5: Compatible to shift in O365 Archive Mailbox to PST.
6: Easily complete PST migration to Exchange 365 without any file size limitations.
7: Enables to filter, find and migrate some crucial PST file databases into Outlook 365.
8: Support all editions of MS Outlook and Windows OS.
Method 2: Upload PST to Outlook 365 Using Network Upload Method
1) Assign sharing permission to Outlook PST file
The very first process in starting the manual technique to transfer PST into Exchange Online is providing the sharing permission to the PST folder or the file that you need to transfer to the cloud mailbox of Outlook 365.
- Right-click the PST file or the folder that needs to export.
- Go to Properties, and under SharingTab, hit Share.
- Select Everyone from the drop-down and then Add.
- Finally, choose the folder and click the Done
2) Add Mailbox Import Export Role
The second important step is the assigning of import-export role to organization management either using PowerShell or the Exchange Admin center. Below is the process to provide the import/export role via PowerShell.
- First, enter the below command to connect PowerShell to Microsoft 365 remotely.
$o365Cred = Get-Credential
Now, enter the Exchange Online Admin Username and password.
- Secondly, execute the command:
$Session=New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $o365Cred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection
- Assign the new PSsession using the given command
- Provide the mailbox Import/Export to Exchange Online organization management.
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role “Mailbox Import/Export” -SecurityGroup “Organization Management” -Name “Mailbox Import/Export”
- To assign the import/export role to the user’s mailbox, enter the below command:
New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User “username”
3) Perform Network Upload Process
- Go to the Security and Compliance page, click on Information governance, and then select ImportàImport PST files.
- Hit on the option+New Import Job. Enter the desired PST import job name and click
- Choose Upload your data and then hit Next. A new page will appear; get the SAS URL and the Azure tool.
- Execute the command to export the Outlook PST file to the AzCopy tool; Enter the actual PST Network path, paste the copied SAS URL, and the path to save log file.
AzCopy.exe /Source: PST network path /Dest: ”SAS URL” /V: location to save log file \AzCopy.log /Y
- Once executed, the PST file gets uploaded to the Azure location temporarily.
- Now create the CSV, select the two checkboxes in the import data page and click Next for the mapping of the Outlook PST file. Browse the CSVà Validate—> Save and Close.
- On the Import job page, hit on the option Ready to Import to Office 365. A filter page will appear, choose the required option and hit the Next
Method 3: Migrate PST to Ooutlook 365 With the help of Outlook Import/Export
This is one of the simplest ways to perform PST to Outlook 365 migration process. Below are the steps to perform PST to Outlook 365 migration via Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook email client in the system. Click on the file option–> Open & Export–> Import/Export.
- A new wizard will appear. Select Import from another program or file and then click Next.
- Again, on the new import a file window, select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and hit on the Next.
- Now, click the browse button to search and select PST and then click the Open
- Select do not import duplicates, click next and finish.
Method 4: Import PST to Outlook 365 Using IMAP Migration
- For an IMAP migration, the first step is the domain verification and creating of users in O365. The user also needs to create a CVS file with an email address, username, and password.
- The second step is the creating and verifying of endpoints for the IMAP migration connection. Here, the user needs to give the details of the IMAP server.
- Now, start with creating the batch for IMAP migration choosing the option “Migrate to Exchange Online”, select IMAP migration, and Next.
- Browse the created CSV fileà Next and then again click the Next button. Select the created mailbox, enter the batch name and click Next.
- Choose Automatically start the batchà New and wait till the status changed from syncing to synced.
- Route the exchange email to Exchge 365 and delete the IMAP migration batches.
Here, in this article, I tried to explain all the processes to import PST files into Outlook 365. Users can choose any of the techniques and implement them according to their comfortability. All methods are useful and the successful solution to migrate Outlook PST files to Exchange Online.
Read More:- How to Migrate Mailboxes from Exchange to Office 365
Read More:- How to Migrate Exchange Mailbox to Office 365- Hybrid Migration