Microsoft Outlook has always been a better email client for the user, which is why it has millions of users worldwide. All its features have been designed keeping in mind the requirement of the people, one of which is the offline and online mode of Outlook. Sometimes, due to some problems, your Outlook offline error is reported which is a common problem and in some ways, it can be easily fixed. On the other hand, you can also switch offline or online work as per your choice.
Other benefits and effects –
- With offline work, you can avoid the extra charge of data.
- Prevents sending and receiving unnecessary mail.
- There is no interference when Outlook is offline.
- Offline Outlook is not good for the company person because it may lose your clients, offers, and collaborations.
Switch between Offline to the Online mode in Outlook
- Newer Versions: Click on send/receive button > Press “Work Offline”
As soon as you click it, the work offline will be highlighted in the bottom blue bar of Outlook. If you want to go online again after the work is done, repeat it again. You will see that the work offline symbol from the bottom bar is also gone.
- In Outlook 2007: Click on File tab >> hit on Work Offline
Missing “Work Offline” Button
If your Outlook window does not have an “Offline Work” button. And if you want to activate it, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to File -> Info Menu -> Account Settings -> Click Account Name and Sync Settings.
- Click on the >> More Settings button in the newly opened window:
- On the popup window, click on the “Advanced” tab and use the checkboxes “Use Cached Exchange Mode” and “Download shared folders“. If it is already checked then uncheck and check again.
How to set offline work for a specified time period?
- Run Outlook and click on File >> Account Settings and click on Account Settings again.
- Select your Outlook account on which you want to set the offline deadline and then click Change.
- Drag the slider under offline settings like 1 month, 3 months, or 1 year, etc. In the Outlook 2016 edition, you can also decide the time of at least 3 days.
Reason for outlook offline error
This is an error if Outlook is always in offline mode. Because of which you can neither receive nor send any mail.
- Due to Outlook not being properly configured or the Internet connection is persistent.
- Your email login credentials are incorrect;
- If your Outlook profile is corrupted, create a new Outlook profile.
After reading this post, one can easily switch between online and offline work in Outlook. Here I have also told you how to fix it if it is an error.
Read More: MAC Error Code 43